At Xaqt, we’re on a mission to Create the New Possible using machine learning-powered products that define new market categories for artificial intelligence and customer experience. We thrive in solving complex, data-driven problems — the kind you read about in headlines.
Our CX + AI platform transforms customer experiences and improves agent performance using machine learning across both voice and digital engagement channels to augment and automate human work, leading to unprecedented breakthroughs in efficiencies and engagement.
Xaqt is trusted by some of the world’s most innovative organizations. Backed by CrosbyX Ventures, we are headquartered in Chicago with an office opening in Bangalore, India.
What will you do?
The Senior Platform Engineer is a hands-on development role with responsibilities for creating industry leading software solutions. We are leveraging the latest technologies to advance our mission.
This position will have influence shaping our engineering practices in the months and years to come. As such, it is very important that you are highly self-motivated, and can work well in a fast-paced, changing environment.
Day to Day Responsibilities
- Architecture. You should be comfortable working with your team to craft a design: choosing the appropriate technology and designing a solution that both answers the problem at hand, and stays within constraints.
- Coding. Our Leads never go post-technical. We think that it’s important for technical leadership to continue to code.
- Understand and play a major part in the entire cycle of software consulting and delivery, from ideation, to project conception, to UX, to code, to testing, to deployment, and around again.
- Determine operational feasibility by evaluating analysis, problem definition, requirements, solution development and proposed solutions.
- Conduct design sessions and assist in code deployments.
- Mentor and support teammates.
- You have a ton of interest in and knowledge about a variety of infrastructure and general development topics, technologies, and practices
- Are aware of current trends in the development community and are able to understand latest technology updates.
- You’re familiar with the complexities of managing, monitoring and growing large-scale distributed infrastructure and application environments
- You are a deliberate and effective communicator, both with engineers and with customers
- You’re willing to problem-solve as a team, with our engineering stakeholders, and as an organization with our customers
- You enjoy acting as a mentor and helping to grow the skills of those around you
- 5+ years of experience building and operating APIs and microservices with 2+ years of production Python
- Experience with AWS services in production environments
- Experience building and leading teams of engineers, helping to establish best practices, and providing technical mentorship
- Software architecture experience, from service decomposition, to queueing and communication techniques, to caching and performance
- Excellent communication skills, able to talk to engineers and stakeholders alike